31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Thursday, May 29, 2008

OKAY?!?!?

The little counter on my blog keeps track of how many individual IP addresses visit my blog. Cool. I have written in the past about the random places people have visited from, but I don't think I have mentioned that I can also see how they come to my blog. I like to occasionally check this stuff out, it is interesting. I have had several hits lately from people googling "STUDIO FLORA"...... Maybe they agree that the name is stupid, or maybe they want flowers, either way. Well my real point to this is....

ON MAY 26TH SOMEONE FROM TURKEY GOOGLED "HOW TO MAKE A PIPE BOMB"!!! Neat. Oh and it was 02:00 their time. Neat. I am getting hits to my blog from "perfectly innocent people that want to make pipe bombs for fun at 2am" I hope the poor sucker enjoyed my sappy story about my relatives.

The more important issue here is how the Internet and Google have made people lazy and stupid. If a 19 year old, a 16 year old, a 9 year old and an 8 year old can figure it out, why is someone looking for detailed instructions online? Lazy and stupid.

I wonder if I am now being watched by the National Security Terrorism Task force? Not that I wasn't before people started looking to me for "Build Your Own Pipe Bomb: A Quick Reference Guide For The Casual Blower-upper" FYI that is my new book due out in July.

No comments: