31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Friday, May 23, 2008

The smaht guys

Ok, unlike my usual self I have been reading stuffs. Newspapers, if you consider the happenings in the Bridgton area news, and online articles. So I recently noticed a tendency for people to find innovative ways to spread their religious based beliefs in a very non-preachy way. They have gone to science to prove their theories. In an article in this weeks Bridgton News, one such crackpot uses ultra-sound imagery to say that life starts before most abortions are done. He says something like "haven't you seen the fuzzy black and white photos of 'my baby' from bragging mothers to be". He goes on to say why is it a baby when it is a wanted pregnancy but it is a fetus when it is an unwanted one. I had those fuzzy pictures. I used them to show off the fact that I was becoming a dad in the coming months. I also used the term fetus. The real point I wanted to make is: "Why is science considered the black magic of non-believers or even the faked reporting to discredit the lord Jesus when used to prove the world was not created and that man has evolved. But when it comes to making "informed decisions" about ones own life, it is the cure-all sure fire way to help pregnant women decide to have a baby." I have many opinions on the matter and would love to discuss philosophy with you when you have the time.

So not religious stuffs but something I am passionate about. I also read an article online about the dumber working class. It is based on the fact that fewer "lower class" students are accepted to the more prestigious universities than are accepted from the "upper class". This guys theory is that it is because they have lower IQ's. How about paying for the education? What about the need to go to a less expensive university to save money on education? What about the fact that colleges and universities are businesses that need to make money and funding someones education inhibits their ability to be a successful business? I mean the prestige in prestigious university comes from the graduates success in the workplace after graduation. I am sure I can find proof that Presidents and Prime Ministers or any of the rest of the "rulers" of the world came from families with money first and from "prestigious" universities second. Anyone going to argue the point that G.W. Bush should be a poster boy for MENSA? I mean come on. But he was accepted to one of the prestigious universities in question. You think he may have taken the spot from someone who didn't have a well known dad? Really? Of the people that I know, not a scientific study I know, but of the people that I know with known IQ's (to me) not one even applied to one of the prestigious universities. I mean I know a guy with an IQ around 180, I don't think he even went to college. Last I knew he was working at a daycare. Not a job you might have seen a genius taking. My point is that I don't think people can judge a persons intellectual ability from the college they attended or by the job they choose to take. I would put my intellectual ability up against an Oxford Graduate writer any day of the week. How might that feel Mr. Smarty McScotsman writer or psychologist or whatever you might be. Want to see whose is bigger yours or a middle class janitor's?

I guess this is why I don't read often, sometimes it annoys me who gets to be read.

No comments: