31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Roof

OOPS!! I have neglected the roof of the garage this winter.....my bad. So after the washing machine repair guy came and went, I put Tyler in his bed for a nap. He is good for about an hour, sometimes way more and sometimes way WAY less than that, but I had a pretty good feeling about the level of tiredness of the boy and decided that I should get some of that snow off the roof of the garage. So I put on the snow pants and boots.

Yup.

Three feet of snow up there.

Look at that.

As I stood there looking, I pondered whether or not to shovel it or try the snow blower. Nah the snow blower is too heavy to lift up there, or is it? Only one way to find out. Nope not too heavy. Hmmmm..... I better shovel off a spot to put it and get it started. Now there are two questions left unanswered.....

1. Will this "snow blower" be able to cut through the several crusty layers of snow?
2. If it does will it throw the shingles across my yard as well?

One way to find out.... So I put the machine on the roof in the spot I had cleared and pulled the start cord. Out of gas. Shovel it is.

No comments: