31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Jesus Camp

Tyler and I are watching the documentary "Jesus Camp". Normally I am understanding of others. I understand that others have different beliefs and I am happy that they are happy to have what they have and are happy to be what they are. The genius editing of this documentary (at least at first I thought it was the editing making these people look amazingly foolish) really show why the country is becoming dumber. I have noticed, in my own little world, a huge lack of ownership of ones actions, as well as a lack of ownership of the actions of our friends, family and peers. "It doesn't matter what you think...it matters what GOD thinks.....it doesn't matter what kind of person you think I am." I am watching this and wondering if these families are embarrassed by the film. I bet not. I can't wrap my head around the fact that they are probably happy to have had the opportunity to spread the word in such a way. I guess it is probably the same for them thinking how I am watching this and thinking "those poor children...how absurd a world they live in.....how are they going to go out into the real world and get a college education believing the world was "created" 6000 years ago. Believing that science doesn't prove anything. Believing that I need saving. More later....

No comments: