31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Monday, February 16, 2009

This is how we do it

Today like most of the past week, Tyler had some trouble sleeping. He woke up 10 minutes into his nap, and proceeded to call for me. Normally I would just go up tuck him back in and tell him to have a good nap. But today he started crying and asked me to come up and snuggle him so he could sleep. "My teeth hurt,come snuggle me so I can sleep." My theory is he won't ask me to comfort him when he is hurt or sad forever, so I may as well take advantage of the time I have. Best part of my long day....... falling to sleep at noon on a Monday with my favorite kid (I can only say that for a few more months) curled up at my side.

1 comment:

Karl Collier said...

Absolutely. No matter how good or bad things ever get always remember that the time is coming when the kids will be too cool for their parents and we then get to sit back as spectators. Sad part is though it seems that kids reach that age sooner and sooner now.