31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Aftermath

So the Celtics won the championship...... LET'S WRECK STUFF!!! I saw that after the game a few windows were broken near the Garden. Any one remember when the Sox won the series and some cars were flipped over and set on fire? Remember that girl that was killed by police? Who celebrates as a fan with destruction? I don't get it. I remember one year the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup and riots ensued. You know I bet their mothers are really proud. As a parent I can say most assuredly that I am not saying to myself.... "If Tyler doesn't become a professional athlete I hope he at least causes massive destruction whenever his favorite sports team wins." The best part of professional sports is being a fan of a championship winning team, the worst part of professional sports is the fans of a championship team. As I have said before, people are friggin' idiots.

Little update. On the news, the comment about the smashed windows was "Yeah but I've seen worse." So I guess breaking windows has become acceptable in post win celebrations.

No comments: