31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Friday, May 16, 2008

It's my birthday

Well, the week started out with me being a bit "oh I'm old". I thought 31 was worse than 30. But now that it is here and almost gone, I'd have to say that it isn't. It really is no different. I am 31 years old and have arthritis. Whatever. I have to say that it doesn't matter. I have had a spectacular day. I spent the day with my son, taught him to say "happy". I went fishing twice. I got this pimp-ass bbq grill from Rae. But I think when it really hit me that 31 isn't so bad is when I stopped to chat with an old friend. Anyway, I am not all that bummed about being old anymore. I guess it is because I get to be. He died May 17, 1998 walking home from a night out. I like to think he thought of me on that night, maybe toasted me on my 21st birthday as his was 16 days earlier. So thanks again Eric, you were my best friend, a great blood brother, and I appreciate how you have continued to help me even in these past 10 years, especially on these past few birthdays. I hope Tyler gets to have as good a friend through his life.

No comments: