31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Monday, January 28, 2008

Hire the handicapped

So this is a short story from my trip to the bank the other day. As I was leaving the Shaw's supermarket, I saw that there was a donation collector working the main exit (as always). Who this time. Anyway, I noticed the woman had slumped herself on the bench and set the collection can beside her. As the door opened I realized that she had downs just in time to have her growl "YOU WANNA DONATE!!" I wanted to say "DON'T YELL AT ME!!" but all I could say without busting out laughing was "no". What I found so outrageously funny is the fact that she was there by herself collecting for a cause not important enough to mention. And she was in a peachy mood. You know the more time that goes bye the more I am annoyed by what happened. I wish I knew what organization she was collecting for because I would ban them from my charity list for the rest of my life. Who leaves a mentally handicapped individual with (apparently) little inter-personal skills alone to collect donations? I hate those guys.

1 comment:

Dan said...

"Those guys" meaning the people who left her, or "those guys" meaning the handicapped? Just seeking clarification.