31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Homecoming

If you didn't know, my little brother lives in Omaha. He comes in for the holidays on Friday. I am excited. My parents bought him a plane ticket for Christmas. I think it is more for them than him, but it doesn't really matter. I am 30 years old and the past 7 months is the longest I have gone without seeing him... ever. I miss him because we see the world similarly, and he is good to talk to about whatever. I like hanging out with the 29 year old guy as much as I liked hanging out with the 9 year old kid when I was 10. We used to walk around with one arm over eachothers shoulder. Now life has us living 2000 miles apart, but I still walk through the world like he is there watching me. There are few people that I care what they think about me or how I live my life, but he is one of the top 3 for sure. I hope he moves back soon enough to get to know Tyler and more importantly so Tyler can get to know him. He is a good role model not for what he does for work or for his college degree or even for his Nguyen work ethic, but for being the best friend a guy could ask for. So during your busy holidays, remember..... it's about getting to hang out with family and friends not about having to hang out with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for TC coming home. Perhaps we can bribe him to stay, using Cute Nephews and Gray Dogs...