31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Super Dad

See the movie Unbreakable starring Bruce Willis and Sam Jackson. Sometimes that is just how I feel. I feel as though something is not right. I feel that I was meant to do something more. I feel "that something" is Tyler. I feel as though the missing thing in my life is and has been Tyler. I pledge to do my best to teach him everything that I have found to be the truth and hope that he achieves the satisfaction with life that he has given me. I am not a superhero, though sometimes I feel that I must have superpowers and that I just don’t know how to use them yet, but I am a father. I have so much respect for my father that he is a superhero in my mind. I hope that I can be that for Ty. I hope that I can be so good and do so well as my father has done and continues to do. This is what he does for me, even at 6 months old, he makes me a father, a superhero. So see the movie Unbreakable and know that is how I look at my father, and how I dream that Tyler will look at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tyler told me that he thinks you are superdad :)