31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Doesn't make you a bad person.

So here's the background story:

This guy I know owns an "apartment building". It is more a house converted to an apartment building, it has "3" apartments. So this guy let 2 of his sisters (one with a husband), two of their kids with their significant others, and their kids kids move in. Oh, I forgot to mention one of his sister's husbands friends moved into an apartment as well. Rent was agreed upon. A few years into it now, and I recently found out that he is in serious financial trouble...........AGAIN! Now do the math, there's like 9 people living in this apartment house. I guess he only gets paid rent regularly by one tenant, and all but one person is family. So back to my point..... this guy was just trying to help his family and they are screwing him. He rarely if ever pays his mortgage on time, and has had to refinance once already. He is nearing foreclosure again and has a genius solution. I think he is getting advice from the crack heads that he "rents" to. He is moving out and into an apartment. You heard me, he is leaving his own house and renting an apartment. He is just going to let the bank foreclose, kill his credit, and move out. I guess that way he won't have to say to his family: "HEY ASS FACES YOU ARE FUCKING ME OVER."

I wanted to share this true story to say that you can tell family members or friends that they are screwing you over. It doesn't make you a bad person if you take care of yourself first. I have found that when I take care of myself I am better prepared to help others. If your friends or family are doing things that screw you over, and you tell them how you feel about what they are doing, and they get mad at you............... Fuck'em, you don't need them. If they can't understand that they are the ones screwing you then are they really going to help you when you need help, or are they just using you? Fuck them, cut them out of your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like when the flight attendants tell you to put YOUR O2 mask on first before you help others....

I say fuck'em, too. Asshats.