31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Monday, November 10, 2008

Are you still talking about that?

Quite a while ago I started referring to myself as American-Asian. Mostly because I am American of Asian descent. That's right folks, I am American first. I would have thought that some super-PC person would have made that change a long time ago. I am one generation from being Asian, on my Dad's side anyway. My point is African Americans are several generations from being anything African, but who am I to judge. I understand the importance of being the first of something, but not celebrating it for being the first. My issue with this stems from a statistic I heard on the news. 46ish percent of "Whites" voted for Obama. 60ish percent of "Hispanics" for Obama...... 95ish percent of "African Americans" voted for Obama. 95 percent of African Americans thought he was the best man for the job? Really? 95 percent agreed that he would do a better job as president. I wonder how many percent of that vote was racially motivated. One might even say that a large percentage of "African Americans" didn't vote for John McCain because he is white. Racist bastards! That's all I have to say about that..... except that I also voted for Obama, I think he will do a better job fixing the things that I think are more important to fix. I did not vote for him so I could be part of "making history by voting for the black guy."

No comments: