31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sorry Ralph and Monica

I don't know if you know them but Ralph and Monica own Mr. Bagel in Windham Maine. I just wanted to send my condolences as The Today Show might have killed their business this morning. They did a piece on a new book titled "Eat This, Not That". It is about making the best choice when eating out at fast food places and sit down restaurants. They showed the calories and fat content of some of the things found in the book. One of the side by side comparison was the Awesome Blossom which contained over 2100 calories and 133 grams of fat. The better choice was 9 orders of BK onion rings. NINE ORDERS!!! But to get back to my point, what was cited as better than a bagel with cream cheese? Two McMuffins. Two McMuffins is actually a "healthier" choice for breakfast than a bagel and cream cheese. Which are you going to get the next morning you need to grab breakfast on the fly? And that's why I say sorry Ralph and Monica.

No comments: