31 years old, married six years this summer, father of 1 and one on the way, and I'm a PC. (note "I am a PC" as I am not usually very P.C.)

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

what its all about

The meaning of life, or something like that. I have been having conversations with a friend a few times a week for several weeks. We got onto the topic of life and religion (as he is religious). He appreciated the "do what ever you want, whatever makes you happy" approach that I have, as not everyone is as open to other people having religious tendencies. But it comes down to this for me.....the meaning of life. I think the sentiment was best described by Bonnie Edwards. Being an inspiration to countless people throughout her life, especially in her over thirty years as a teacher and 31+ years and counting as a mother, Bonnie is someone that might actually know the meaning of life. During a BBQ at "camp" she was looking around at the family and friends that had assembled and said to me "I think this is what it is all about, you know?" And I did know. Life is about friends, family, tradition and the passing of these things onto the next generation. Personally, I take my life experiences and make what I liked a tradition. For example I like to have Chef Boyardee pizza every Christmas eve. I have had it every Christmas eve for as long as I can remember. This Christmas eve I will be enjoying it at home with my wife and my son. Back to my point, I think that if you need organized religion to achieve the feeling of friends, family, tradition, or general well-being then go get Jesus or Muhammad or Jehovah God or the Tooth Fairy and have at it. I am happy that you have that in your life, because I know that I am happy for what I have in my life.

No comments: